- Designed for: aerial yoga
- Can be used for: simple inversion, spinal traction and decompression therapy, complete home gym, boxing bag
- Footprint: the Circular Base is 7′ 6″ across.
- Height: 2 options – 7″11 or 8″2
- Weight: 53 lb / 24kg
- Supports: up to 300lbs (272kg)
- Top bar: n/a
- Made from: 1&1/2″ and 1&3/8″ round metal aluminium alloy tubing
- Made: USA
- Ships: Worldwide
The Omni Stand for Aerial Yoga Swings - A Full Review
A portable stand to hang an aerial yoga swing, hammock or trapeze from. It sets up in ten minutes. Can be used indoors or outdoors and even fits as an airline check-in. Has a unique rocket shape.
Omni Stand Overview
The Omni stand brings a refreshing new look to aerial yoga stands. The unique rocket shape looks stylish and sophisticated in comparison to the more traditional styled A-Frame that has been scaled down from the circus-style rigs seen for aerial arts.
This gives us the feel of equipment that will look nice in a room in your house. When you’re not using it for exercise it would look great in the room as a hammock chair stand.
The stand Omni stand is perfect for hanging a yoga hammock or swing from. Once the frame is up you can be practising aerial yoga within minutes.
Whilst the frame lends itself well to hanging a boxing bag from or a hanging chair it can’t be used for aerial arts or other forms of exercise. We wonder if TRX cables could be hung from it as well 🤔.
The stand is both designed and made within the USA. If you are located within the USA, the total price of the product and shipping is comparable with buying the very popular A-Frame. If you are located elsewhere in the world then the cost begins to exceed the costs of alternatives.
About the Omni Stand
The free-standing rig designed and made in Chico, California, USA by Omni Gym.
Omni Gym is one of the premier innovators in yoga swings, hammocks, trapezes, support stands and accessories for back and neck care, aerial yoga and bodyweight strength training. The family-run business has been operating for 15 years.
The stands unique rocket shape was apparently developed so that the rig would fit under a standard ceiling. It was designed to maximize the functionality of any yoga swing without compromising safety or portability.
It comes fitted with a 360 swivel and you can connect the yoga swing to the swivel, use daisy chains, or use a special omni gym trapeze.
There are lots of optional extras you can purchase to accompany the stand. Take a look at the Omni gym’s site for full details.
How Big Is It?
- Height – Standard height is 8’3” (99 inches). But you have the option of buying a slightly smaller one of 7’11” (95 inches). Note: your ceiling MUST be at least 1″ taller than your stand’s height for assembly.
- Diameter – the Circular Base is 7′ 6″ across.
How easy is it to Put Up?
This is an aerial yoga stand that is easy to put up. There are just 19 interlocking segments to put together meaning that one person can assemble or disassemble it in under 15 minutes.
The frame is simple to put together, you just need to
If you plan on putting it up and down every time you use it, bear in mind that you will need to add 30 minutes onto your practice time.
We use a rig that takes 10 minutes to put up and 10 minutes to take down. We do this on a regular basis. This doesn’t hinder our desire to get the rig up. We tend to just pop it up in the morning and then take it down much later in the day. Maybe this is something that you could do too if you can’t leave it up all the time.
Here is a video of the stand being set up.
How easy is it to store?
When dissembled the longest piece measures just 42 inches (106cm). At just over a metre long it will fit easily into a shed, garage or even the boot (trunk of a car). Meaning that it will be quite easy to store should you want to take it up and down every time you use it.
Can It Go On A Plane?
The length is just over a meter long and weighs just 53lb / 24kg meaning that you can check it in on an aeroplane. It’s the lightest portable aerial yoga stand on the market, so if you plan to travel with your yoga stand this is the one to be doing it with.
- Patented Design – developed and patented by Tone Cardenas PT, a physical therapist and neck/back/spine care specialist, the stand is designed to maximize the functionality of any yoga swing without compromising safety or portability.
- Use Indoors – if you want to use your stand indoors and have a ceiling height limit of 8′ choose the 7’11” option as it fits in almost any apartment or home.
- 360° spin – a built-in swivel allows easy 360-degree spins.
- Colours – stands are available in galvanized silver only.
- Easy Set Up – one person can assemble or disassemble the stand in 15 minutes.
- Durable – made out of industry-standard 1&1/2″ and 1&3/8″ round metal tubing.
What you get in the box?
When you look at the Omni gym website there are a number of options when buying the stand.
Below is what you get in the box when you buy the standard stand.
- Stand Pieces – Contains 19 total Interlocking segments for easy assembly/disassembly, travel and storage.
- Vertical Poles – 6 vertical poles .
- Base Poles – 6 Circular base poles.
- Connector Tee – Contains 3 tees that connect the base poles to the vertical poles.
- Elbows – 3 elbows for base pieces
- Triplex – Contains one tripod top piece that connects into the vertical poles.
There are a number of optional extras including handlebars and you can buy a swing or hammock at the same time,
How stable & Safe is it?
The Omni stand is stable, safe and sturdy. It will give you the confidence and security you need to practice at home.
Whilst A-Frames have sand bags and cords to keep them stable, this has a whole framework. A circular metal frame on the floor keeps the stand nice and stable with minimal rocking.
Where Can I Buy this Stand?
The yoga stand can be bought directly from Omni Gym!
How Quick is Delivery?
How quick the Omni stand is delievered depends on where you are located. Should you reside in the USA you will be pleased to know that the product is made there so should be with you quite quickly.
The Omni stand comes with a 1-year warranty. The website states that “if there are any mechanical problems. A one-year parts warranty covers all parts.
We do like the money-back guarantee that they offer. Omni gym state that they “offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.” However, the package must be postmarked within 30 days of the product arriving at you. The customer is also responsible for all return shipping. So whilst you can return the product and get a refund you may have paid out quite a lot in shipping depending on where you are in the world.
How Much Does it Cost?
The basic Omni stand costs $696 (that’s about £495) plus shipping.
Shipping costs vary depending on where you are in the USA or the rest of the world.
We love the unique rocket-shaped Omni stand. Whilst it costs slightly more than other portable indoor / outdoor aerial yoga stands we love the design and shape of this product.
The product is safe and secure. It has been on the market for some time now and it has stood the test of time. We believe that this is a great product although we have not actually tried on in person.
For those that wish to practice aerial yoga and inversions at home so that they can reap all the benefits of spinal decompression (1) this is the perfect portable yoga stand to allow you to just that.
The reviews on the Omni gym site are superb as well as those on third party sites selling this yoga stand.
We recommend this stand for those in the USA. If you are located in another country it may be cheaper to buy an A-Frame.
Pros and Cons of the Omni Stand
- Easy to assemble/dissemble
- Stores easily
- Easy to travel with
- Great for hanging yoga hammocks, swings, trapeze from.
- Has 360 swivel as standard – to add some variety to y our practice
- Doesn’t lend itself to aerial sling, lyra , static trapeze very easily.
- Other rigs might be slightly quicker to errect
- The cost of shipping outside the US might mean you want to consider other options.